Loudoun County, Va. — If you are experiencing trouble reaching into that cabinet, pain when brushing or washing your hair, or even trouble just reaching to pick things up, you’re probably dealing with a shoulder issue. There are several reasons you why you could be experiencing issues with your shoulder.
Common shoulder issues you could be experiencing
- Caused by overuse, repetitive overhead motions, or poor mechanics with lifting and moving.
- Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- Caused by any type of injury that significantly decreases range of motion at the shoulder.
- Labrum tear
- A tear to the fibrocartilage in the joint caused by overuse with repetitive motions or a trauma to the shoulder.
- Rotator cuff inflammation/tear
- Caused by traumatic incidents, overuse due to repetitive motions or general age degeneration.
- Commonly seen in sports injuries from contact or falling on an outstretched hand.
How do you know if you are in need of help?
Pain is an indicator that something in the body needs to be addressed. Pain can come in many forms such as:
- Limited range of motion at a joint
When you experience any of these symptoms, it is an indicator that your problem needs to be addressed further!
Note from our sponsor: If you experience any of these symptoms or have concerns about your shoulder, schedule an appointment with LSTC! We have licensed physical therapists and Certified Athletic Trainers that can; evaluate and diagnose any shoulder injury, help create a plan of management to decrease pain, help you regain range of motion, and help to increase strength. With PT, you will be able to participate in activities you love with decreased pain!